JANUARY 10, 2023 • 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Exact location will be confirmed along with your audition time.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Oratorio Society of New York, New York’s standard for grand choral performance. We are currently auditioning all voice types, and welcome singers who have strong sight reading skills, prior experience singing in a chorus, and a passion for the oratorio repertoire to audition for Maestro Kent Tritle. Our next concert will take place at Carnegie Hall on May 8, 2023, with a performance of one of the masterworks of our repertoire, Bach’s Mass in B Minor.
Benefits of joining OSNY
- Membership in one of the oldest musical institutions in New York City, celebrating our 150th season in 2023-24.
- The opportunity to perform oratorio masterworks as well as new works, including world premieres, with approximately 170 voices and full orchestra in Carnegie Hall, an OSNY tradition dating back to the founding of the venue by our former board president, Andrew Carnegie.
- Joining a welcoming family of dedicated, accomplished singers under the direction of one of the leading choral conductors of our time, Kent Tritle.
Expectations of OSNY Members
- Members are expected to participate in all of the concerts for the season.
- Rehearsals are on Thursday evenings and some Saturday afternoons from September through May. To maintain a high level of performance, regular attendance is required.
- Regular rehearsals are held on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- In order to devote the majority of rehearsal time to interpreting and shaping the music, members are expected to work on music independently, using written feedback from Maestro Tritle along with recordings of each rehearsal.
- Member dues are $175 for the season or any part thereof. Part or all of the dues may be waived in cases of financial hardship.
- Members are required to sell six tickets to each concert and will be provided with ample tools to fulfill this requirement.
If you are interested in auditioning for the OSNY Chorus, please complete the form on this page. Questions can be included with your form submission or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org